Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Decade!



Happy New Decade!

It seems like we were just talking about how the world would collapse with Y2K, and now, ten years later, we enter into a new decade. 

I hope that you enjoyed your holidays as much as I did.  I had the chance to spend time with family and friends, do some shopping (both for gifts and for me!), and host Christmas dinner for 20.  And of course, as I rung in the New Year, I couldn't help but think about what I wanted to accomplish in 2010. 

I call it my Top Ten for 2010.  Ten goals that revolve around my business, health, and finances, as well as goals around becoming more involved in helping others, including doing more with my favorite charity, the Innocence Project. Some of my Top Ten are small, while others take my breath away, but they are all meaningful to me.  Focusing on what's important to me, I selected goals that reflect my self-defined success.

Now, I've heard many people say they don't believe in "resolutions", and while I tend to believe those are usually the people who don't stick to them, I will agree that you don't have to wait for a new year to reevaluate your life goals, make the necessary adjustments and look for a fresh start.  But come on, January 1st? That's the mother of all "fresh start" days. So, call it what you want - resolution, goal, new beginning, fresh perspective, future plans. But go ahead and make a few goals - maybe even a Top Ten!

And then once you make them, create a plan of action to make it happen.  Find the resources you need.  Get the support you need.  Get the education you need.  Get focused.  But if you don't quite reach them this year, don't worry.  You've got the whole decade ahead of you.

Bookmark and Share
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Doreen Rainey is a Life Coach and Speaker who helps her clients Get RADICAL! For a FREE 30 day membership to the RADICAL Lifestyle Women's Network or to subscribe to her bi-weekly newsletter, visit her website. Join Doreen in the Washington, DC area for the 2010 Get RADICAL Women's Conference featuring Jillian Michaels, Fitness Trainer from The Biggest Loser and Rhonda Britten, Emmy Winner Life Coach from Starting Over and Celebrity Fit Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment