Friday, September 12, 2008

Do You Suffer From the "If...Then" Syndrome?

As I finish up my last week at Fitness Ridge (now The Biggest Loser Resort) in Utah, I was talking to someone about how great my experience has been when they said "Well, if I had that kind of time, I'd get healthier too."

My response? Bull.

Now, I admit that I have fallen victim to the "If...then Syndrome" on many occasions, but I've worked hard over the years to cure myself. Maybe you've been a victim of the "If…Then Syndrome" as well. Not sure? Take this quick quiz and see if any of the following statements sound familiar:

"If I had lots of money, then it would be easier to live a healthier lifestyle." --Well, Oprah has more money than anyone. We've all heard about her continuous struggles with weight.

"If I had more time, then I could workout and get fit." -- Well, I met someone who retired at 32 and had all the time in the world - and he was a 100 pounds overweight.

"If I had more support, then I would be able to stay motivated." --Newsflash - motivation comes from within. Only one person can be on the treadmill at a time - YOU. Only one person decides what goes in your mouth -- YOU.

And the "If…Then Syndrome" doesn't only relate to health and fitness. What about in your career? Do you have any "if…then" statements there? How about your relationships? Any "if…then" scenarios there? What about any other goals you have but have yet to reach? How many "If...Then" phrases are lurking in those goals?

But there is good news. There is a cure! And guess who has the cure for this syndrome? That's right...YOU do! So stop making excuses and make the necessary choices to do what you need to do to get what you want!

If you've ever taken my Get R.A.D.I.C.A.L Coaching Program, you know the "R" stands for "Realize you are where you are because of the choices you've made. If you want different results, you will have to make different choices."

I'll be leaving Utah on Sunday and reentering the "real world". You might be curious as to the results. Well, it won't be long now. I'll share all the numbers on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment