Sunday, May 31, 2009

What the Heck Do You Do?


When I tell people that I own a professional and personal development company, they sometimes respond with a blank stare. And when I tell them I'm a Life Coach that works with individuals in advancing in their professional and/or personal life, I usually get one of three responses:


1. Wow, everybody is a life coach now!
2. What the heck is that?
3. Why would anyone need a coach?

Then, when I share a little about what I do, their curiosity kicks in and then the questions come...

"What does a life coach do?"
"How does coaching work?
"What results do people get from coaching?"
"How did you start your business?"
"What were some challenges in starting your business?"
"Do people actually pay you for this?"
"What's the difference between coaching, therapy, mentoring and consulting?"
"Is coaching for me?"
"What's group coaching?"
"I want to be a life coach, what do I do?"

Well, I came across a radio interview I did in 2007 and it was a great discussion about what coaching is, how to start and maintain a service business, and what are the challenges that most people are facing when they come to coaching and how should they deal with them - including how to say no, how to prioritize, and how to attain balance.

This is a great interview because it basically answers all the questions I've gotten over the years. It's a little long, but well worth it (if I must say so myself...LOL)

And, if after listening to this, you are so inspired to explore coaching - enroll in my next 4-week group coaching teleclass starting in June titled "Get R.A.D.I.C.A.L. - At Work and In Life".

Radio Interview Link:
The Business of Coaching


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment