Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Do Something Different - NOW

I spoke with a good friend today, James Cooper, who launched his speaking/consulting business about the same time I did. Years ago, we sat in workshops polishing our skills with some of the best in the business. Now, we both have managed to create wonderful businesses where we get to inspire, coach, and help people design and create a life that fulfills them.

One of the lessons we've both learned over the years is that when things aren't going your way, you can't wallow, worry, or fret. You have to decide to DO something. And 9 times out of 10, you have to do something different. And 10 times out of 10, you have to do it NOW.

My entire coaching and consulting platform is based on "Getting Radical", which encompasses that entire concept of doing something different - NOW.

When I wanted to get fit - I did something radical by going to Utah for 4 weeks and then coming back and joining a workout group that has a leader who refuses to let me fail.

When I wanted to provide a platform for women to gain information, strategies and tools to help them succeed, I created the "Get Radical" Women's Conference.

What about you? What can you do differently - NOW - to change your situation, your circumstances, or your state of affairs? It can be a small step or a huge leap - but it must be something. Don't wait for a new week, a new month or a new year. Now is the time.

Not sure what it means to "Get Radical"? Here's what it means to me:

“Get Radical” is a Call!

A call to become bold and courageous enough to depart from the usual, expected or ordinary in order to take charge of your professional and personal life. A call to live with purpose and passion in all that you do. A call to experience fulfillment and contentment in your family life and in the business world. A call to enjoy the fruits of your hard work and reward yourself with some fun!

“Get Radical” is a Challenge!

A challenge to step out of your comfort zone and explore new possibilities. A challenge to get the skills, education, and information you need to make smart choices when going after your goals. A challenge to set aside fear and replace it with faith and courage. A challenge to step out of doubt, uncertainty and hesitation and onto the path to success!

“Get Radical” is a Lifestyle!

A lifestyle dedicated to continuous improvement in your finances, career, relationships, health and wellness, and fun! A lifestyle that understand the importance of investing in one’s self to continually learn and grow. A lifestyle that embraces the philosophy of selflessness – being willing to share with others by giving back!

So, tell me, (really, leave a comment!!), and let me know what you are going to do different - NOW!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Doreen. I love this entry! Sometimes it is hard to get motivated to do something. There are many times when I procrastinate and procrastinate until I get my head "right" and decide -- okay, NOW, and mean it. Then there are other times when I'm confronted with an opportunity and instead of allowing fear to prevent me from engaging, I challenge myself to carpe diem or embrace the NOW of the experience. It never steers me wrong. What am I working on currently -- getting back on my health wagon. Hey, what can I say? It happens to the best of us! The great thing about living is that we can always make a choice to live bigger and better. You can choose to live NOW too!

    Happy holidays!
    Ria
    www.ilovemecollection.com
    --Be loving, happy, yourself, free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Hey...I'm trying to live a radical life too these days; maybe doesn't seem too radical to some, but anyone who knows me realizes how far I have come and how much I have changed since giving my life to Christ a little less than three years ago. I am constantly being challenged to live radically by following what I feel is God's purpose for my life...even when it feels like a difficult road.
    Thanks for your continued blogs. You are living by example, which I feel makes your platform as a motivational speaker, that much more believable and accepted.
    CONTINUE ON YOUR RADICAL ROAD!!!

    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ria - I know the challenge of staying motivated, but the good thing is, when you fall off track, you just get right back on. Keep up the good work!

    Anonymous - that's the beauty of doing something radical, it's self-defined. Who cares if others think it's radical???? If it takes your breath away and makes your heart beat go crazy, it's radical! Stay strong and keep working towards your goals!

    ReplyDelete