Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Never Easy, Always Worth It

We've all heard the saying...nothing worth having is easy. But I don't think we all believe it. 

Why do I think this? Because people tell me all the time when I ask about the progress towards their goals: "It's too hard".

It's January 5th and some people have already decided that the goals they set for this new year are too hard to achieve.  They've started to do the work and have now opted to either adjust their goal to something smaller or give up all together.

Does any of this sound familiar?

It's too hard to not buy something even though I'm supposed to be getting out of debt.
It's too hard to find time to work on my book even though I want to be a published author.
It's too hard to let go of the anger so I can begin to heal my relationship with my spouse.
It's too hard to stop spending endless hours on the internet and my smartphone when my children are begging for attention.
It's too hard to finish my education so I can get that promotion I said I wanted.
It's too hard to make it to the gym so I can reach my fitness goals.
It's too hard to stick to the training schedule so I can run the 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon.
It's too hard to organize my closet and keep it clean so I can save time and be neat.
It's too hard to buy groceries and cook for my children (and me) so they (and me) can eat healthier.
It's too hard to .... do you have anything that could finish this sentence?

However, when you talk to people who said it was hard but they did it anyway...they will tell you that it was always worth it.

Remind yourself of this every day...the work it takes to get your goal is always worth it!

------------------------------------------------------------------
As the RADICAL Success Coach, Doreen Rainey helps her clients take charge of their professional and personal life. She is the founder of the Get RADICAL Women's Conference with Jillian Michaels and Niecy Nash. For more information about the 2011 conference, visit the website. Registration is now open!

No comments:

Post a Comment